They Call Me the Book Whisperer

Or they will after April 23. Because I just found out that I've been selected as an official World Book Night volunteer! Which means that I will be handing out free books to people who don't normally read at all, or who read sparingly.
This amazing annual event is designed to introduce a love of books to those who haven't been bitten by the bug yet. Last year, I unofficially handed out a few books, but as an official WBN volunteer, I will have 20 books for lucky recipients. Not sure yet which book I'll be assigned, but you can see the full list by clicking here.  You can also learn more about how you can be involved.
I have the perfect venue on April 23, a business event where I know there will be a lot of people who don't think they have time to read, as well as some people who work in the service aspect of the venue and may not have regular access to books.
I'm very honored to be a part of this amazing endeavor, and I'll tell you more about it in the coming days. Meanwhile, I think to celebrate I will go ... read.

2 comments: