And the winner is...

Wait...let's build some tension.
First, I am the real winner. I want to say thank you to everyone who has read my blog. This is my 100th post (which is hard to believe). I started this blog just to share my love of books and cooking, and I'm amazed at how many others are as interested in those two topics as I am.
Now to the announcement of the Big Box O' Books winner.
The winner is Diane Holitik!
She was kind enough to say that Oh, Bother was her favorite post so far. Thanks, Diane. And I hope you enjoy the books headed your way.
Speaking of winners, the finalists for the National Book Critics Circle Awards were named this week, and as always there are some surprises. I like these lists because they always offer titles that I haven't come across before.
Below is the list of fiction and non-fiction nominees. The awards will be handed out on March 8 in New York. And for the full list of finalists, go to the NBCC website here.

Fiction
Teju Cole, Open City (Random House)
Jeffrey Eugenides, The Marriage Plot (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
Alan Hollinghurst, The Stranger’s Child (Knopf)
Edith Pearlman, Binocular Vision (Lookout Books)
Dana Spiotta, Stone Arabia (Scribner)

Non-fiction
Amanda Foreman, A World on Fire: Britain’s Crucial Role in the American Civil War (Random House)
James Gleick, The Information (Pantheon)
Adam Hochschild, To End All Wars: A Story of Loyalty and Rebellion, 1914-1918 (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Maya Jasanoff, Liberty's Exiles: American Loyalists in the Revolutionary War (Knopf)
John Jeremiah Sullivan, Pulphead: Essays (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know how hard it is to keep up a blog, and I'm glad you have because this one is so good!

    ReplyDelete