Summer Love: Sally's Baking Addiction

As an award-winning baker myself (hey, it was 3rd place for cupcakes at the Dixie Classic Fair so it totally counts), I am very picky when it comes to baked goods. The best recipes need to strike that balance between being delicious and not too time consuming.
So a few years ago, I found the best blog ever for fabulous recipes that fit my impatient time limit. Thank the chocolate gods for Sally's Baking Addiction - and if you don't know this blog, click over there right now.
"Sally" is Sally McKenney, a woman who has the patience to try try and try again until she finds the perfect set of ingredients for the very best cakes, pies, and cookies. That is a true talent. I love to bake, but I'm one of those "just throw it in there and see what comes out" kind of girls. Sometimes that works, and sometimes that doesn't.
Every single thing I ever made from Sally's blog popped out of the oven just as perfect as she said it would be. And the cupcake recipes always make exactly 12. That happens to be a sticking point for me with other cupcake recipes, frankly. Yes, I realize that's weird. But obviously Sally shares that odd obsession.
I was thrilled this summer when I received a cookbook of the best recipes from her blog, called oddly enough Sally's Baking Addiction. And, as many of you know, I spent this summer baking my way through the cookbook.
I'm obsessed with cookbooks, and I enjoy baking, but I rarely want to try every single recipe I find in a single cookbook. This was the exception - I loved every recipe and wasn't disappointed with any of the processes or ingredients. Everything was fairly easy and straightforward. And I have a lot of happy friends, since I passed along most of what I made.
So head to her blog and search through the thousands of recipes, or give this book to the baker in your life. Meanwhile, scroll below through the photos of the sinful goods I made this summer!

Jumbo Blueberry Muffins

Chocolate Glazed Orange Macaroons (I did the glaze my own way)

Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies (sans the green food coloring)

Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Brown Sugar Marble Pound Cake (pre-bake, of course)

Sugared Lemon Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment