NaNoWriMo Is a No-Go

Well I tried. I joined the National Novel Writing Month campaign with over 200,000 others, all of us trying to write a novel from start to finish in the 30 days that hath November.
I failed.
But, on the bright side, I did write about 30,000 words. That's more than half of the NaNoWriMo goal of 50,000 words. So I've got that going for me.
And I did it in a month in which I also moved house. There was even a point where I couldn't find my laptop, a pen, paper, or anything else that would allow me to write.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Lots of excuses. I do have to say it was fun, even if I didn't finish by the deadline. I liked the idea of thousands of others hunched over keyboards with me, trying to get thoughts into some sort of order.
I also enjoyed the emails of encouragement and the hints to unblock my brain. So I will keep writing, just like I always have. But I'll do it now with a bigger sense of all the others out there who are trying to keep their creative muse happy, too.
Now for a sneak peek at tomorrow's post ― I'll have a review of the new Janet Evanovich book, accompanied by a recipe sent to me by Ms. Evanovich herself. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment